Pages

Sunday 9 October 2011

If you can't beat 'em...

R has finally given up trying to resist the running bug that has me totally obsessed and I've persuaded him to register for the Brighton Half Marathon in February 2012. That gives us 5 months to get both ourselves back into shape and up to speed (13.1 miles worth).

This could be more of a challenge than I thought. But having braved Runner's Need to get R kitted out with the right shoes and mapped a few decent 5K runs to start off with - we should be ok! That is if R ever recovers from having his running gait analysed.  Quote of the day 'oh my god - is that how I run? Will these shoes help me run in a straight line?' They're bright enough you can probably see them from space. That has to count for something

And I need to start up slowly again.  Having taken nearly a whole month off the streets after the Great Scottish Run I'm finding it tough to get back into the swing of things. Two weeks in SA and general unhealthy eating (biltong, braais and cake galore!) also means I'm struggling to fit into my lycra! Mmmm indeed.

So I've looked up a few training schedules and we're off. Should be an interesting 5 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment