Pages

Sunday 23 September 2012

Countdown: Two Weeks to Go

Numbers UP!

Two weeks today, hopefully I'll be putting my feet up after completing 13.1 miles in the Royal Parks. Race number has arrived, charity vest is at the ready, and with a few more physio sessions lined up between now and then, I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be racing on Oct 7th.

The ITB is still causing some discomfort, but I managed 10km (with a break for added stretching) this morning without wanting to throw myself in the Serpentine. So provided Emily brings the chat, my ibuprofen lasts and these agonising foam roller love ins pay off, all will be well. I'm doing about 20 minutes a day with the blasted thing (10mins in the morning, 10 in the evening). I'd say we're getting a tad co-dependant. Stella is not happy and took another chunk out of it while I wasn't looking.

I've managed my prescribed exercises all week, mainly as the trainers were gathering dust due to the annual seasonal cold that has been going around, but I'm really hoping they help in the long term, and I don't get told off by the physio again!

The REGIME as imagined by Stick Man 



No comments:

Post a Comment